The accounting industry has witnessed a remarkable upsurge in the recent past due to the advent of QuickBooks as reliable accounting software. This software has eased the process of managing finances across different types of businesses. Beyond any doubt, it has taken the accounting sector to its zenith. Over time, this accounting software has been affected by various forms of technical issues. Today, we shall be enumerating the Error code 6138, 105. In conclusion, users should quite easily be able to fix QuickBooks Error 6138, 105.
What is QuickBooks Error code 6138, 105?
This error constitutes among the various errors observed when users try to open their Company file(s) through the QuickBooks Desktop software. This error may also be caused due to some server-related issues. Once this error message is displayed on your screen, users cannot proceed any further within the QuickBooks software.
Factors that lead to QuickBooks Error 6138, 105
- There may be a possibility that the company file you are trying to access is not on the server PC.
- Insufficient admin permissions may lead to this company file error in QuickBooks.
- Incorrect host settings may also lead to this error in QuickBooks.
- Using the QuickBooks software that hasn’t been updated for a long time may also evoke the Error 6138, 105 in QuickBooks.
- The Network(.ND) and the transaction Log (.TLG) files might be corrupted or damaged.
Reliable Methods for Uprooting QuickBooks Error 6138, 105
Method 1: Ending QuickBooks processes
- Head to the Task Manager initially by hitting the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys, and from there, choose the Task Manager.
- Within the Task Manager, users need to hit on the Processes tab.
- Herein, choose and end the following processes that pertain to QuickBooks:
- If this method doesn’t troubleshoot the error, move on to the following method.
Method 2: Update QuickBooks Desktop
- To start off with the update process, users need to launch QuickBooks as an administrator initially. For this, press a right mouse click on the Desktop icon of QuickBooks, and then opt for the Run as Admin option.
- After the QuickBooks software has launched, users need to head to the Help tab, and following that choose the Update QuickBooks Desktop option within the Help tab.
- The next step is to opt for the Update Now option.
- Now make a check on Reset Update and click Get Updates.
- Wait for the completion of the update process, and once it is over, users are required to restart QuickBooks and again attempt to open their company files.
Method 3: Run QuickBooks File Doctor
- At first, users need to visit the Intuit website and then download the QuickBooks Tools Hub. It is important to note that QuickBooks File Doctor is accessible via the Tool Hub, so setting up the latter is essential.
- Now, get the Tool hub installed on your PC by double-clicking the downloaded file in the .exe extension.
- The subsequent step involves opening the Tool Hub and heading to the Company File Issues tab.
- Herein, users need to opt for the option for running the QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Wait for the procedure to be over, and once it finishes, try accessing your company file again via QuickBooks.
Method 4: Move Company files to the Desktop
- Towards the beginning, a new folder needs to be created on the Desktop.
- For that, right-click on the Desktop and then opt for New, followed by choosing Folder.
- The next step involves navigating to the company file folder, copying all the company files, and then pasting them into the newly created Folder on the Desktop.
- Users can now open QuickBooks and then move to the Open or Restore an Existing Company option.
- Within this option, the next step is to opt for Open a company file, followed by hitting on Next
- The final step involves browsing the desktop folder and then opening the copied company files.
Method 5: Rename .ND and .TLG files
- In the beginning, users need to navigate to their company file folder and look for the .ND and . TLG files.
- Once they are located, right-click on these files and opt for the Rename option.
- At the end of the filename, “.OLD” needs to be added.
- Now, the next time you open QuickBooks, these files will be automatically created afresh.
- So, Restart QuickBooks and try opening the company files once again.
Method 6: Restore the company files
- Initially, keep holding the Ctrl key until the No Company Open Window pops up on your Desktop screen.
- With this, the QuickBooks Desktop application will launch. Now, users need to choose the Open or restore an existing company option.
- Within this option, the Restore a backup copy option needs to be opted. Thereafter, hit on Next, and proceed as per the directions on the screen to restore the company file backup.
For additional support related to troubleshooting QuickBooks Error 6138, 105, you can contact our QuickBooks Technical Team. Our team is always accessible and has decades of pronounced expertise in resolving QuickBooks issues. Our team can be reached via the helpline at +1800-615-2347.