The global frozen potato market size was valued at US$ 58.5 Bn in 2022 and it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.8% from 2022 to 2032. Frozen potato sales are likely to account for ~6.0% of the demand in the global frozen potato market, valued at US$ 58.5 Bn in 2022.
As global potato output is increasing, food manufacturers are getting more opportunities to introduce a wide range of potato-based food products, both fresh and frozen, resulting in a surge of new product launches in recent years.
Moreover, the excellent nutritional content of frozen potato products is also one of the fundamental reason for their rising consumption.
For example, according to the United States Department of Agriculture, 100 grams of potatoes provide around 4% of the RDA for calorie consumption, 6% of the RDA for carbohydrates, 9% of the RDA for dietary fiber, 4% of protein, and 33% of the RDA for vitamin C, among other nutritional intake requirements.
Key Takeaways from Market Study
- The frozen potato market is expected to expand at 2.7% and 5.9% CAGR in North America and Latin America, respectively through 2032.
- The Europe frozen potato market is expected to witness CAGR of 3.5% over the forecast period.
- Among the product type segment, potato fries are expected to hold significant share of 42.6% in 2022 and it is expected to grow with significant CAGR of 2.9% over the forecast period.
- The commercial use segment is expected to account for 83.6% in 2022 and it is expected to grow at CAGR of 3.5% over the forecast period.
- Among the distribution channels, the B2B segment will hold 73.4% share in 2022 and it is expected to grow with CAGR of 3.4% over the forecast period.
“Sales of frozen potato products will rise considerably as consumers around the globe are shifting to plant-based fast foods in response to concerns about the environmental impact of meat consumption,” says a Future Market Insights analyst.
Understanding the ongoing demand for frozen potato products several food product manufacturers are entering into the frozen potato market by introducing their own from potato range.
- On January 2021, Aviko who is one of the world’s biggest manufacturers of chips and added value potato products launched its frozen potato range.
- In 2017, Amul one of the leading milk co-operative launched its frozen potato products in India.
Frozen Potato Market by Category
By Product Type, Frozen Potato Market is segmented as:
- Potato Fries
- Potato Wedges
- Stuffed Potatoes
- Potato Slices
- Potato Chunks
- Potato Dices
- Baked Potato
By End User, Frozen Potato Market is segmented as:
- Commercial Use
- Residential Use
By Distribution Channel, Frozen Potato Market is segmented as:
- Convenience Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Retail Stores
- Online Retail
By Region, Frozen potato Market is segmented as:
- North America
- Latin America
- East Asia
- South Asia
- Middle East and Africa
Key Questions Answered in the Report
How big is Frozen Potato Market?
What is the North America Frozen Potato Market Outlook?
Which is the Top-Selling Frozen Potato Type?
At What Rate Will Frozen Potato Demand Grow in Europe?
Who are The Key Players in Frozen Potato Market?
Information Source: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/frozen-potato-market